Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blogpost 9/29

Something useful about the intro in the Ballenger was how he explained how to start writing a paper. He said that instead of thinking about what you are going to write before you start writing, just start writing as if you are talking/writing to a friend. That way you can get a lot of ideas down and be more comfortable with your paper, even if it looks like a mess at first. I think that this could help me out a lot because it would be easier that get all my ideas down and write while i think. Whenever i try to think throughly before i write i usually get off subject and get frustrated.

3 comments:

  1. I have done similar things to this when I have written before and it has worked very well. I write the ideas as quickly as I can so I dont have to remember the ideas I have. Even if it is an idea I have for the conclusion I write it down so I can save it for later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's actually really interesting... I never even thought about doing that. Starting a paper is the absolute worst, but just writing like you're talking to a friend would definitely force some thoughts out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that this was very useful too. I am usually one of those people who have my name written on a Word Doc and stare at the blank page for an hour trying to figure out how to start my paper. Writing down just random thoughts as if I was talking to a friend would help me a lot because it is better to have a bunch of messy thoughts down that can be revised than a blank sheet of paper.

    ReplyDelete