Tuesday, September 27, 2011

QW 9-27-11

I briefly skimmed the article so it will be out of context. It comes across to me that the author has the belief that the world needs to stop with a focus on technology and start focusing on the community of the people and not the computers. In "turning off the TV" it will make it easier to fix the generation gap. I thought it was interesting how he points out how people don't really care about anything on the internet. Thinking about it, I believe that those things that no one cares about on the internet would be very interesting and would make very good conversation in person; if nothing else it would be good small talk which would build a sense of community.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that there is a generation gap and I think it's because of technology. Pretty soon, technology will take over our relationships with people and I think that will really affect how happy people are in the future. I thought it was also interesting how the author stated that really, people don't care what others have to say on the internet because frankly, that's how a lot of people get their information.

    ReplyDelete