Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In reflecting on the author's last two paragraphs, I can actually agree with what he is saying. As he states, the internet is getting bigger, and because of this, he feels like he is becoming less connected with his generation, and with people in general. I can also agree with the fact that every event in our generation doesn't have to connect with everyone, as I myself hate the current pop culture, and music scene, preferring the music and culture of America in the 50's, however to say that he would rather have nothing in common with someone, to me, sounds a little conceited and stubborn. I feel like he shows this when he is talking about how boring all the memories of his generation are. I almost just perceive him as a loner who is unwilling to relate with his generation, but a loner who, nonetheless, brings up a good point about the internet and its effects on people.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the author feels the internet has become disconnected from his generation. I didn't quite feel he was a loner, but the way that he acts and the way he likes to relate with other people makes the computer advancements not for him. It was weird how he was trying to talk about his memories, but that he didn't like any of them.

    ReplyDelete