Tuesday, September 27, 2011

reading reflection 9/27

The author of this work, David Pellicane, talks about how "nobody reads because nobody cares" in the last two paragraphs of his work. That line hopefully isnt true because i hope to become a writer and teacher on english and literature when i grow up. The only way my AP Lit teacher got the other students in my class to read was to hand out readings that were genuinely interesting. In order to be popular, seen, or talked about, you must address events or points that are being talked about at the time. I see it as a shame that there are hundreds of millions of pages of text that are completely unread on the Web. There is so much knowledge out there and we haven't even skimmed the surface yet.

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you said. It's sad that more people are starting to read because they're now putting books online and they're now easily accessed. Pretty soon we won't even have libraries which saddens me. I agree that there is a lot out there for people to read. People are just too lazy to realize it. It scares me how people will be educated in the future.

    ReplyDelete