Thursday, September 29, 2011

QuickWrite 9/29

Useful: I found that the idea of implementing stories into factual research papers would be a good idea. Many people believe that papers that contain many facts can be very boring to read, so stories that relate to the topic can be useful to develop interesting research papers. It may be a little difficult to stray away from personal opinions, but i believe giving interesting examples and stories can be very productive.

Problematic: I thought that the idea of writing for awhile without stopping could be very difficult to do. I usually think while I write, but if I wrote constantly without stopping, then I feel that it would be very easy to get off topic. This strategy can have its advantages, but I feel as though it may take practice or may be something that just comes natural to the particular writer.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that implementing stories in factual research would make the reading more interesting. Research papers are generally very boring, regardless of the topic, so adding fun anecdotes would make the paper much more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Sara, about anecdotes. On the many occasions that is the only thing that actually keeps my attention. When I use them I like to integrate them in throughout my paper so the reader can stay focused and get a break from the actual facts. Plus they are much more fun to write than the research part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, way to read the assignment, since most of us forgot. And I agree that it'd be difficult to just sit and write nonstop, but sometimes you get in a mode where words just pour out of your head onto paper, and you seem to write forever. Unfortunately that doesn't happen enough though.

    ReplyDelete