Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Curious Researcher 9/29/11

Well there were a few things that I disagreed with, the first being the five week paper research plan. Its a completely stupid idea that is used to spread your paper out over an entire month. I see that as a complete waste of time and unrealistic seeing how most papers require far less time from the initial introduction to the due date. Bruce also suggests a difference between a research paper and a research report, the paper being more of a story with facts and actual research spotted in. He gives an example of this kind of research paper in an excerpt from, "Theories of Intelligence." I felt the essay was informal and not a good representation of a research paper. It included a 90% story and 10% research ratio that made me feel like I was reading an autobiography. I don't believe it was a good research paper, although it may have kept my attention better than a formal research report, it wasn't the paper it should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment