Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quickwrite 9/20

Argument is unlike persuasion in that in an argument you are not trying to push anyone to be on your side but rather express your opinion.

Persuasion is an attempt made by one person or group to convince someone else to believe in their views and side with their opinion.

A CV and Resume is an argument in that its an attempt to express your qualities, and experiences to prove to an employer that you are worth of a position. The argument is between the person presenting the CV or Resume and the employer who is reading it and deciding whether or not to give them the job. To argue for my acceptance into a graduate program I would be confident but not arrogant and aggressive in that I am committed to my program and will work harder then anyone else applying to be in the program.

Something to take away with this reading that will be useful is that all around me arguments are always happening and in every conversation if I listen close enough I can get a good idea of what their beliefs and opinions are. Also just the invitation to an argument by saying hi or hello is a whole new way of thinking about my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment