Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Quickwrite 10/18

What i found most helpful from this chapter was Ballenger's description of how to interpret 3 different kinds of sources into my paper by quoting, paraphrasing and summarizing. I know that in my experience of writing papers i have found a sentence online and thought to myself 'hey thats a really interesting point.' I have tried to put it into my own word using a thesaurus and different wording, not realizing thats just plagiarism. If i had known back in those days that it was called paraphrasing and its actually a correct technique I'm sure my paper would have improved significantly. I know that in this paper i will have many ideas from other people that i will have to incorporate into my paper. He gave examples of using attribution tags which will come in handy because i find those to be often repetitive.

1 comment:

  1. I also did not know that rephrasing someone else's thought was plagiarizing. Without this chapter, most of my paper would have been considered plagiarized!

    ReplyDelete