Tuesday, October 11, 2011

QR10-11-11

Chapter 2 in The Curios Researcher by Bruce Ballenger was very helpful because it told us what makes a great essay. Some things that I found were the most useful that I didn't know existed were search engines such as Altavista/ask/bing/hotbot.com Also something called Metasearch that the computer would skim over the top results and give you the basic examples of it; this are dogpile,mamma and yippy.com. Also it talked about discussion groups that you can do on any topic of your choice, I thought that this was very helpful if I were to get stuck on something.
Some other great tips that I got out of this chapter were how find a book in the college library. That most colleges use letters and numbers. A thesis is very important and you must make sure it is arguable, and that you are testing assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment