Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quickwrite 10/20

One thing I'll take away from chapter 4 is to write an interesting introduction that's different than the traditional one I've used in almost every single high school paper. Instead of trying to state everything I'm going to cover throughout my paper in the intro paragraph, I need to make it so the readers have something to discover in the body of the paper. If I put it all in the intro, it'll be super predictable and bland. Also, I need to be careful if I ever use the word "I" in my paper. I can't sound egocentric, and I probably shouldn't even use the word in the first place since I'm quoting other people and using their work in about 80% of the paper. But it's something to look out for, since I'm used to using phrases like "I feel that..." and "I believe...."

No comments:

Post a Comment