Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Quickwrite 10/18

Chapter three was so far the most useful chapter. In this chapter he explains the most productive way to take notes. I like the idea of taking notes between the lines, its really productive efficent. He explains how its like having a conversation with the writer, this way you never take your eyes off the reading. Also asking yourself certain questions while reading can help you take quality notes. Plagiarism is brought up in this chapter. When in doubt use quotations!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this chapter was the most helpful in writing our papers because it actually teaches us how to put our research together and apply it in our papers. I also liked how it says when in doubt, use citations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about how helpful the note-taking tips are. Usually when I write research papers, I just skim my sources and randomly pick out facts that flow together. But taking notes on each individual source will probably make the writing process a lot easier in the long run. It also makes you stay focused and actually interact with your resources.

    ReplyDelete