Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Avoiding Fallacies

I haven't decided what my topic will be so I will talk about my previous one discussed on tuesday about scientific experiments and why they are needed despite the cruelty animals might go through.

Ad Hominem: I will avoid treating the opposing people like they are ignorant to the fact that these experiments are needed.

Stereotyping: I will try to avoid making everyone who opposes this idea sound like they are from peta.

Faulty Sampling: I will make sure to have correct information to back up any facts that I state I have or talk about.

Sweeping Generalizations: I won't say things like always or all the time or it always happens.

False Dilema: I will make sure to get many angles supporting this topic instead of only focusing on a couple generalizations.

Post Hoc: I won't make generalizations and back them up with faulty information that makes little to no sense.

1 comment: