Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Quickwrite 11/29

Talking on the phone and driving:

Ad Hominen- I will use facts to disprove there opinion without personally attacking them.
Stereotyping- I will have to re-read what I write in order to catch myself doing it.
Faulty Sampling- I can avoid this by looking into the sources I use.
Generalizing- I have to watch the words i use when proving a point, i can't say anything that makes my statement look less like a fact.
False Dilemma- I can never create an ultimatum between two options, thier is usaully more than two opinions to every argument.
Post Hoc- Just because something happens to me a lot, I can't make an assumption about it. If I win the lottery almost everytime I play, I can't say I win the lottery everytime I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment