Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Quickwrite 11/29

does the way you speak identify with who you are as a person

1. Ad Hominem - I will not spend too much time trying to persuade the reader/attacking them for their different beliefs on whether or not people are the way they speak.
2. Stereotyping - I will try not to stereotype certain groups that I talk about in my final paper by becoming more educated about the way they talk and why they speak that way.
3. Faculty Sampling - I will make sure that examples that I use in my paper are accurate, such as reasons for why people in different locations speak differently.
4. Sweeping Generalizations - I won't use "general" words such as some, all, etc.. because they out rule a lot of things.
5. False Dilemma - I will avoid giving only two options as to what a solution could be, such as personalities do or don't reflect on the way they speak, because not everything is black and white. There is a lot of gray.
6. Post Hoc/Ergo Propter Hoc - I won't allow myself to talk about the fact that something happened after something, therefore it is the reason the event occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment