Tuesday, November 22, 2011

QuickWrite 11/22

I think that I gained a better understanding of how people create their opinions and that many viewpoints are built upon personal experiences. "We are not born with opinions but form them through our own mental and emotional lives and our interactions with the lives of others" (Introduction to Argument and Persuasion 1) This is important to this paper because it will help me see the opposing view and understand why someone would formulate that certain opinion. This will help me see both sides and I'll be able to make my view points stronger.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great thing to mention and understand when writing an argumentative paper. If I write a paper and base it on opinions I have, I have to write why I have these opinions and what I have based these opinions off of. I can't just write the paper with opinions that I have based on nothing, my paper would make little to no sense and would have a very weak defense.

    ReplyDelete