Tuesday, November 29, 2011

QuickWrite 11/29

Topic: Music is an anti-depressant that should be considered as strong and/or as powerful as medication.

1. Ad Hominem- I will stay on topic throughout the paper and focus directly on my argument and not so much on the opposition.
2. Stereotyping- I'll stay away from stereotypes and look at the individual and not their culture or appearance.
3. Faulty Sampling- All of the points that I will make will be backed up by legitimate factual representation that supports my argument.
4. Sweeping Generalizations- I will make my points by using words like "most" or "almost always", so I can't be corrected as if I used words such as "all" or "everyone".
5. False Dilemma- I'll explore all the viewpoints and research them to gain a better understanding of the opposing view(s) so I can create a stronger perspective.
6. Post Hoc- Researching the cause-and-effect analysis will help me with writing the points that I will be trying to make and avoiding the mistakes of cause and effect writing.

1 comment:

  1. I really think you should use this topic for your final paper. It definitely interests me. Music is really important to me and I believe it can cure people of depression. I haven't really thought about it cause it kind of just happens but listening to music of all types triggers my mood. To me, that's more than any medicine has done for me so I really think it's stronger.

    ReplyDelete