Thursday, December 8, 2011

12/8 Quickwrite

I found this piece to be very interesting due to how many Asian people are here on Michigan State's campus. In fact my TA for my math class is very similar to this he may be the smartest person, but I judge him based on that I can only understand about 50 percent of what he says to the class. This piece made a lot of sense to me because as bad as it sounds I judge people who speak "broken" English all the time, and this piece really makes me think that I should strive to not judge a person just by how they speak but rather their actions and personality they have.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience with my TA for chemistry he was from India and on the first day of recitation he told us right from the start that this was his frist year in America. This already put ideas in our head that we were going to have issues understanding him and him understanding us. Unfortunately the language barrier was a huge issue and the class that was supposed to clear things up for us sometimes made it worse. I agree that I wish I had not jumped to conclusions at the beginning of the semester maybe I would have been more patient with him if I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete