Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quickwrite 12/6

My reaction was that I mostly agreed with what the author stated, and I liked her approach on the argument. Making it into a letter made it interesting, and it allowed her to get really personal. I think the author used very colorful and powerful vocab words to get her points across. This strategy was really effective because it made the issues seem really important, and her side of the argument seemed correct. One powerful statement she used was "You're gutting the Constitution." One thing that may have weakened her argument was how she dragged on a bit at the beginning, when she kept on presenting things that America was to her.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I also liked the way it was written in a letter form because it allowed for a better approach and was more interesting to read. "You're gutting the Constitution" was a very powerful thing to use I think because our country is based on the constitution and she basically used it against the United States.

    ReplyDelete