Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quickwrite 12/6

I thought that this piece was a little bit on the harsh side. The author did point out the flaws in the government which I do agree with, but she made it seem like the government had a chance to revive its self and now it can't. She notes, "You were Sinclair Lewis and Arthor Miller, who went them after because they thought you could do better" (Atwood, pg. 10). I feel that very good point were made, for example she writes, "You're running up the record level debt, keep spending this way and you won't be able to go on any big military adventures" (Atwood, pg. 15). I agree that the government is just digging themselves a deeper hole. The one thing I think that hurt her argument was the fact, that she had a nasty tone about the whole issue, I feel a more constructive criticism tone would have been more appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that she was not really rational about what she was saying. She only criticized the US government, but does not give any advice or what she would have done differently.

    ReplyDelete