Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Letter to America 12/6/11

I was a little put back by this article, because I felt her argument wasn't valid. She argued to many various subjects that didn't really interrelate. A few things that were effective were the facts that she presented. A few of them were the ones about the war and when she talked about soviet Russia. I like that it is personal because its in the format of a letter to someone. She had a good connection to the audience through that format. She demonstrated what mainstream culture was and why government is bad. But again I felt that connection just wasn't there. Lets not forgot the girl didn't have any sources. She was totally going of claim and opinions. The only reason I knew some of the things were facts is because I have proper knowledge of the subject. Even then she is pinpointing an audience and creating a high context article, which conflicts my earlier statement that she had a connection to her audience. She made some generalizations that weren't correct. I didn't approve of this paper

1 comment:

  1. sorry, i thought the points we mad win class were valid enough to put in my blogpost

    ReplyDelete