Thursday, December 8, 2011

Quickwrite 12/8

The story Mother Tongue was kind of cool how one persons english can change their lifestyle so much. This girl knew all sorts of english which helped her become who she was but the style of english she could use depended on who she was talking to and about. When she was giving a talk she finally realized how some people, including her mother, would have no idea what she is trying to say. I found it weird how spot on she was because I experience this at MSU when you try talking to TA's or even the professor one on one. It is amazing how different the languages are.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a lot of similar experiences, I often find it difficult to communicate with a lot of the foreign exchange students up at school. I often have to speak in very simple sentences.

    ReplyDelete