Tuesday, December 6, 2011

quickwrite 12/6

Upon reading this letter, it renewed my feelings of feeling let down by our once great society. we used to be number one in everything from production to export to happiness in census reports. Now, what are we doing? Waging wars overseas and selling the newest Gucci handbag to 12 year olds."I won't go into the reasons why I think your recent Iraq adventures have been - taking the long view - an ill-advised tactical error" (p. 3). This quote can spur animosity and ill will toawrds the author and must approach it in a very cautious manner so as not to anger any families who may have lost loved ones in the war. ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR AUDIENCE. Atwood drew on the emotion of the audience to draw them in and hat was a very creative tool.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I am reminded that our country might not be doing so well in all these different areas it always seams to surprise me because I don't really pay attention to the news that often, so reading this was almost like reading something for the first time realized again that we are not doing so well in a lot of areas and aren't doing too many things to dig ourselves out. I agree with what you said in class and on here about her comment towards the war, I haven't lost anyone that I know personal in the war but I can see how this would be really offensive so someone in the war or a family member involved.

    ReplyDelete