Thursday, December 8, 2011

QW 12-8-11

I do not believe that a narrative can be an argument although I do believe that it can be used to process and support an argument. For example, in this case Tans narrative basically illustrated an example for the purpose that even through adversity success can be obtained. So basically stories and narratives are simply first hand examples that support an argument. If one were to analyze this on a credibility argument, the author does not provide enough evidence for me to assume that her claim is correct. Therefore this does not make a successful argument.

2 comments:

  1. It could go either way, but you have to take the narrators bias into perspective either which would make it not creditable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that it could go either way. In this example, I think her bias shapes her opinion, but in other examples, it could be possible to create an argument out of a narrative.

    ReplyDelete