Thursday, December 8, 2011

quickwrite 12/8

This piece made me realize that there are several uses of English that I/we employ every day. I use a certain language to talk to my friends, a different one to talk to my grandparents and mother, and another one to write educational papers. Even though we use different languages for different acquaintances, we still employ the use of argument into our language. I can kind of relate to the author of understanding our mother's language, but my mother and I use a hybrid English in which we speak formally but educated as well. It hs always been like this and I think that is why i enjoy reading and writing so much.

1 comment:

  1. I found it really interesting that you could also relate this piece to your own life. I never really thought about how it makes a difference the type of English you use for the audience your talking to. There is a huge difference between slang and proper English, and it would really make a difference how others perceive you. I think its cool how you and your mom have a certain type of language when you speak to each other, just like Amy Tan and her mother.

    ReplyDelete