Thursday, December 8, 2011

Quickwrite 12/8

I think the reading was really interesting. I did not know that kids dont realize that if their mom or dad grow up with a different language they do not see how many mistakes they actually make in their other language.  I also thought it was really funny that the daughter had to call the bank of her mom to make a complain, because she was to afraid, that they would not take her seriously because of her poor English. But I also think that it pretty sad that people judge other people because of their ability to be not fluent in a FOREIGN language. A lot of those people are actually better educated and smarter than the other party, but they just cannot show it like them.

Sebastian

1 comment:

  1. I thought that you brought up a really solid point after reading this piece. English was the mother’s second language and for her to speak it perfectly would be really unrealistic. Knowing two languages is not something that everyone is capable of and I think it shows she is intellectual.

    ReplyDelete