Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quickwrite 12/6

Margaret Atwood's piece made a lot of sense to me. She wrote about how America has changed and how it's not for the better. I like when she said "This is a difficult letter for me to write, because I'm no longer sure who you are" (page one). Then she goes about arguing how America used to be strong and talked about the great things that came out of the country. She ends it with talking about the war and how it makes America look weak. For example, she says "By the time you read this Baghdad may or may not look like the craters of the moon" (page three). I don't think her argument was ineffective at all. I like how she stated the strong points about America then slowly went into how it's bad. She also gave many examples that made her argument stronger. Her arguments were opinions but they were also facts. The war is a fact but her she makes her own opinion about it which makes it her argument. I also really like how she wrote it in letter form to America.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I don't think her argument was ineffective, she had a lot of good points. She used opinions and facts which seemed very effective to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree, she was able to format it in a letter form and list her opinions based on facts in a cool writing technique. I think it was effective and had a lot of great points.

    ReplyDelete